|Added and changed options
and functions of the program
To option Annotation (program GEOL_BH) added
2 elements for annotation.
To option Reserve (program GEOL_BH) added
2 elements for reserve calculation.
And some more small changes added.
Improved algorithm of AutoTG, TG, GA
options (program GEOL_ANN).
Changed program GEOL_LOG and
option WriteData (program GEOL_INF).
New option OBazimuths
(program GEOL_INF). Forming text file with data of dip azimuths
of ore bodies by sections (for Calculate options, program
Completely rewritten AssignID
option (program GEOL_INF). Now to
geological objects (faults, rock contacts, etc.) you can add
additional data and load data from text file.
In option AutoTG (program
GEOL_ANN) now you can calculate total (summary) grade intervals
automatically by user conditions in horizontal thickness.
In option Summary (program
GEOL_ANN) user can select for annotation objects by GEOL_DH
standards (single ID, set by 1st symbol, etc.).
In option Edit (GEOL_CAL)
now you can edit horizontal thickness of ore body interval.
Option Calculate (program
GEOL_CAL). User can select for calculation grade intervals
by GEOL_DH standards (single ID, set by 1st symbol, etc.).
To option Rose (program GEOL_DIP)
added some auxiliary capacities.
By options: Traces, Grades, Rocks, AutoTG,
TG, LinesAlong, geoPoints (program GEOL_ANN) user now
can annotate objects specified in the list of ID.
To option AutoTG (program GEOL_ANN)
added possibility create or erased extra fields with data (equivalent
By option WrateData
GEOL_INF) for total intervals can be additionally output to
file data of grade intervals contained in total intervals.
New option AutoTG
(program GEOL_ANN). Calculation total (summary) grade intervals
automatically by user conditions.
To blastholes user can now add new parameters
(elements) and values (program GEOL_BH, LoadData
Option Calculate (GEOL_CAL)
now can take dip azimuths of ore body from text file with
By option Rock (GEOL_ANN)
you can convert magnetic azimuths for dip-strike symbols to
In option Edit (GEOL_CAL)
now you can edit vertical thickness of ore body interval.
In Setup program now you can select path to
registrations files and patterns and install PLTOOLS toolpack
(plines editing, by V.Azarko), if full distributiv from CD.
Option Calculate (GEOL_CALand
GEOL_UG programs) now can calculate ore intervals including
not complete grade intervals.
To program GEOL_LOG for crade
intervals (assay) contents added one more element (type of data).
Programs are tested in Autocad 2011.
New option Vpt
(program GEOL_MIS). Transformation view of points to current
To program GEOL_LOG for assay graphic log
added 5th element (type of data).
New option Staple (program
GEOL_LOG). Substitution line to staple (polyline).
New option Edit (program GEOL_BM).
Editing ID’s of blocks.
To option Load (program GEOL_BM)
added verification about overlapped blocks of model.
To option SetSectionSlice (program
GEOL_PRO) added ability to see line and borders of defined profiles.
In GEOL_DH program now realized
check of identity data in COLLAR and SURVEY files (azimuth and
dip from collar)
Help from this version now supplied only in
- New program GEOL_BM.
Block model. Loading data, annotation, viewing, reserve calculation.
- Displacement of dip-strike symbols (rock annotation, GEOL_ANN)
- Some errors were corrected. GEOL_BH (FormArray options), GEOL_LOG,
GEOL_MIS and GEOL_BH.
7.938 September 2007
- With this release drawing of dip and strike symbols and angles
of bedding to core axis is possible using Rock option of GEOL_ANN
program, provided that these data are entered in ‘Comment' rock
data entry field.
7.937a July 2007
- An error for AutoCAD versions before 17.0 (2007) that occurred
during creation of Voronoi polygon solid bodies (GEOL_CAL) was
- New functionality: Object selection using specified polygon
in WriteData option of GEOL_INF.
- Calculation of reserves by Voronoi polygons
now is possible using Reserve option of GEOL_CAL and GEOL_UG
(I think that this is the most accurate standard calculation
- Compliance of the program within acad 17.1 (acad AutoCAD
2008 - 32bit) was tested.
- Errors were corrected in Reserve option of GEOL_BH.
7.936a January 2007
- Correction of the error in SetSectionSlice option of GEOL_PRO
that occurred when the distance to the front and back intersecting
plane was small (in case of big coordinates).
- Errors were corrected in Elevations option of GEOL_BH.
For the underground ore intervals (mainly for
inclined trenches, etc.) now it is possible to calculate horizontal
thicknesses using the length of an ore interval projected over
horizontal plane ( Calculate option of GEOL_UG program). And
also editing of horizontal thicknesses, calculated by the program
( Edit option of GEOL_CAL program)
For calculation of reserves previously set ore
body name will be offered (in ore intervals, elevation lines
or blasthole rings lines). Calculate option of GEOL_CAL and
Display of data type is added in dialog box
of WriteData option (GEOL_INF program) .
OLAY (KAI-2001 pack) program was created for
filtration of layers by the type of object and ID.
Option AVerage (program GEOL_CAL) now can average
all ore intervals (created by programs GEOL_CAL and GEOL_UG).
Now accuracy of angles can be set during writing
data to file (WriteData of GEOL_INF).
Statistical rules are applied by default for
rounding results that are based on assay data (for calculation
of total and ore intervals, reserve calculation, etc .). See
GEOL_DH now can check if the length of a hole
in database and in a drawing is the same (before loading intervals
and geopoints). Intervals and geopoints of hole traces that
were cut (extended) by user are not loaded.
- Real length of holes is added to the information about cut
off (extended) traces of holes (program GEOL _ INF ).
- GEOL_DH (data loading) is enhanced by ability to erase selected
by user types of traces, intervals, geopoints for a definite
hole, by the first ID or in all holes (workings) of drawing.
- New option DeleteXD (GEOL_MIS program). Deleting
extended data of annotations, created by programs of GEOL_DH
- Ability to append comments to descriptions/rock codes was
- An ability to calculate reserves up to selected level (in
the range from the highest planned level to the lowest collar
elevation of selected holes) was added in Reserve option (GEOL_BH).
- An error in Reserve option of GEOL_BH program was corrected.
When there are several blasting blocks and/or planned levels
in a calculated block they will be joined by ‘+' symbol, (not
- For vertical sections during creation of elevation grid it
is possible now to set position of flat plan under or above
the frame of drawn elevation grid, option FormGrid (GEOL_PRO
- In option SetSectionSlice ( GEOL_PRO program) it is possible
now to block warning window with information about current coordinate
system ( parameter geo_sec_nowin-).
- A search for the main strike azimuths of stone excavation
is added in option Rose (GEOL_DIP program ), this also includes
display of statistics about the number of dip-strike symbols
in four inter-perpendicular sectors (ranges of strike azimuths).
- For the slowest processes , processing large numbers of objects
(data loading and annotation), the program displays the number
of remaining elements of the list (as a rule, this is displayed
after every 250 elements of list).
- Work of the programs with AutoCAD 2006 was tested during three
months, no incompatibility was found.
- New program GEOL_QUA
(beta) for natural stone mining companies. The program
cuts stone blocks in operational contour, searches optimum dimension
of block and position of contour. Blocks are divided into classes
according to the presence crossing discontinuities and annotated
by hatching. Modification of sizes of columns and/or rows of
blocks and classes of quality is provided. Program calculates
total reserves in contour and reserves for each class of quality.
- GEOL_INF was updated (display of information about objects
created by GEOL_QUA).
- New option AssignID (GEOL_INF), which allows
to assign IDs (names) to geological objects (faults, rock contacts,
etc.) and find intersections of these objects with defined by
user levels for creation of horizontal slices (annotation is
done by points and ID text).
- Search option (highlighting) of named geological objects was
added to Find option (GEOL_INF).
- Now it is possible to write geological object data (coordinates,
IDs, etc.) in a text file using WriteData ( GEOL_INF ).
- GEOL_LOG. Style 3 was added for drawing
assay graphic logs. Defining by user of sequence and width of
columns, and other parameters of graphic log.
- Rose diagram has now diagram name and option of entering
only texts of dip angles grid (with marks, if necessary). See
Rose option of GEOL_DIP.
- GEOL_DIP now allows using previous set of dip-strike symbols
(for annotation or creation of diagrams).
- LinesAlong option of GEOL_ANN was corrected (hatching of
each second sample by SOLID pattern).
- Short manual “How To Quickly Prepare Dozens of Hole Graphic
Logs” was completed. DWG file with description of technique
and examples is attached, also data bases are added (stone mining
companies were used as an example). See page downloading(demo-log.zip
- GEOL_LOG. Code is optimized (now 1.2-2 times faster). New
option appeared – copying of graphic rock logs and point data
blocks into assay graphic log. Collar coordinates can be added
to the head of logs. An error is corrected (drawing geophysical
data). Help will be updated later.
- Rock hatches are added in Legend option of GEOL_MIS program.
- Now it is possible to fill each second contour (between a
line and a trace) during drawing lines along assay intervals
(LinesAlong option of GEOL_ANN program).
- One more variant of rose diagram is added (Cotman diagram).
Number of dip-strike symbols by strike azimuths, direction of
dip is shown (Rose option of GEOL_DIP program).
- An error in Reserve option of GEOL_BH program is corrected
(the program did not respond after loading capping parameter
setting dialog box).
- An error in ByContour option of GEOL_DIG program is corrected.
- An error in Rock option of GEOL_ANN program is corrected (during
annotation by hatches).
- Now it is possible to draw by strike azimuths and user can
specify fill colors (Rose option of GEOL_DIP program). Selection
of dip-strike symbols by user now can be additionally filtered
by specified suffix (GEOL_DIP program).
- In Dilution option of GEOL_UG program it is possible now to
specify element values in dilution area and calculate average
grades in blasting (operational) contour.
- Reserve contours calculated by GEOL_CAL and GEOL_UG programs
are annotated by blocks which inherit color of set element grade
ranges. Information about contour is inserted in attributes
of block. See Annotation option of GEOL_UG program.
- Automatic setting of closing layers with contours of ore bodies,
middle dip lines and contours of blastholes (see Chapter 15)
- Using arithmetic mean in calculation for slice lines and
BHR lines is allowed (weight factor = 0.0). Precise value is
not set now, only calculated one. LCalc option of GEOL_CAL program.
- An error in GEOL_LOG program was corrected (instability of
code and pattern lists creation was solved).
- New program GEOL_DIP. Dip-strike symbols.
Drawing (including drawing by data from text file), annotation,
editing, search, statistics (circle dot diagram and rose diagram).
Find option is in development.
- One more calculated element is added (data
field). Changes touch entire GEOL_DH toolpack, except GEOL_BH
- New capability to process 3rd file with
geophysical and other point data (GEOPOINT-3 file, loading,
annotation, graphic logs).
- New Distance option of GEOL_INF program.
Search of nearest assay intervals by specified distance between
them and loading search results (IDs, distances, intervals,
assay results, rock codes) in a text file.
- Averaging of element values of ore intervals by thickness
is possible now by Average option of GEOL_CAL program (weighted
- GEOL_LOG program now can display part of a graphic log (using
- Coordinate grid can be added now to flat plan under section
(SetSectionSlice option of GEOL_PRO program).
- Measurement units and element names can be loaded in attributes
of a block with reserve data (Reserve option of GEOL_CAL program).
- When the program is updated former parameters of the program
with user settings (GEOL_SET.LSP) are saved, if they do not
conflict with default settings of new version.
- New option Dilution of GEOL_UG for data
preparation for calculation of ore volume, ore losses and dilution.
Necessary areas are calculated by two outlines (exploration
contour of ore body and operational (mining) or blast outline).
Calculated parameters can be output in text file with delimiters
by WriteData option (GEOL_INF) or by importing information from
block attributes (INSP2TXT program).
- Calculation of reserves by elevation lines
on longitudinal projections is allowed by ‘HORIZONTAL' thickness
(length of lines).
- Option of automatic definition of several
parallel sections and/or horizontal slices is added with defined
by user step between them (SetSectionSlice option, GEOL_PRO).
- Support of two more measuring units is added:
percent by weight and gram per cu. m (see Reserve option of
GEOL_CAL, GEOL_UG, GEOL_BH).
- Annotation of numeric geophysical data (geoPoints option,
GEOL_ANN and GEOL_LOG) can be performed now in logarithmic
scale (natural or decimal logarithm).
- Instead of search radius, search distance from BHR lines now
is used for calculation of BHR lines (Calculate option, GEOL_UG).
- Assay interval data output in a text file is supplemented
by a column with rock codes for the middle of interval (WriteData
- Color to all block objects, which are created by the program,
is set BYBLOCK (by block). Color to block attributes is set,
as before, BYLAYER (by layer).
- Popup windows with list of program options are supported
(for those who like right button on their mouse).
- New option 3ptAzimuths of GEOL_PRO for calculation
azimuths of strike and dips, and dip angles of planes, defined
by specified by user 3 points. Plane objects are drawn: triangle
by points, rectangular region (for visualization of the plane
in 3D) and symbol of bedding of the plane.
- Annotation of rock intervals now is done
by hatches along intervals, type and width
of hatches, color and other features are defined by user (Rocks
- Interpolated element values for blasthole ring lines (BHR
lines) are assigned now proceeding also from vertical blasthole
data (option Calculate of GEOL_UG).
- Layers with traces (intervals, points) are opened for object
selection mode (except hole traces, rock intervals, ore intervals
and vertical blastholes) automatically (for the period of selection
of objects). In new version closed layers, where objects are
drawn, are opened automatically.
- Error in LoadData option of GEOL_BH is corrected (last hole
was not loaded).
- SETUP program is created.
Installation of GEOL_DH (and KAI-2001) now is automatic. Double
click DWG file in program distributive folder to open AutoCAD
and setup starts. During installation process program and other
files are copied from distributive, program search paths are
inserted in AutoCAD search paths and corresponding menus are
loaded. See for
- GEOL_UG (underground) added functions: definition
of horizontal thickness of orebody in excavations, perpendicular
to the dip of orebody (Calculate option); annotation of ore
interval horizontal thickness by wide polyline, which is drawn
parallel to section azimuth from the lower point of interval,
that is from entry or exit point (Annotate option).
- Different linear scales are added for the
two types of geopoint data (hole logging) annotation. Annotation
drawing error is corrected.
- It is possible now to write reserve calculation data
(by calculated block outlines) to text file applying WriteData
option of GEOL_INF program.
- Text annotation of rock depth (FROM distance) is added for
column on section (GEOL_LOG program).
- An error in interpolation of values by 2 types of ore intervals
on BHR line in Calculate option of GEOL_UG program was corrected.
- GEO14 line type was added in KAI-SHP.LIN.
7.85 - 1.0
July 2004 - February 2000